Previously called Netherlaw Surgery, Blacketts have served patients of Darlington for 85 years. The old premises were located on Stanhope Road but in 2004 we moved to our custom built medical practice on Bondgate. The new building was specifically designed with the patient in mind.
Blacketts Pub which occupied our building between 1976-2000. The premises were originally the headquarters of R. Blackett & Son Ltd., a brick manufacturer and builder, and the connection is commemorated in the Practice’s new gates which depict stethoscopes and building bricks.
1919. Netherlaw Surgery founded
Netherlaw Surgery has been in Stanhope Road since 1919 but the building has been used by doctors since shortly after it was built in 1892.
2004. Blacketts Medical Practice
As part of a £2.1m move designed to create more space for patients and to provide a base for health visitors and district nurses, Netherlaw Surgery became Blacketts Medical Practice.
2016. Non-Scalpel Vasectomy Procedure
in 2016 Blacketts introduced a special weekly clinic to perform no scalpel vasectomy procedures. Under arrangements with the Co Durham and Darlington NHS Foundation Trust, we are able to provide this service carried out by 2 of our GP partners.