What is a repeat prescription?
Repeat prescriptions are medications which appear on the right hand side of your prescription and in your online profile which your doctor would like you to continue on a regular basis. Medications not shown here are not repeat prescriptions.
How to request a repeat prescription
Please see the following for the ways in which you can make your requests:
- By telephoning the Prescription Clerk Monday to Thursday between 2:00pm and 4:00pm on 01325 347247.
- By email: email@example.com
- Using our Online Repeat Prescription Service
- You may hand in your computer slip or a note with your name, address, DOB and the medication required written clearly
- Use the NHS app. For more information go to NHS App,
- By post
Repeat prescriptions will be ready in 2 working days from your request. Please note if your prescription request is NOT for a repeat prescription it may not be possible to agree to your request, it will take longer to process and the doctor may wish to speak with you. Delays may also occur if your medication request is different from what your doctor has prescribed for you.
We will return your prescription to you by post if a stamped addressed envelope is provided.
Many chemists offer a delivery and collection service. Speak to your preferred chemist directly for details. This means that you do not have to come to the practice to collect your prescription and then take it to a chemist.